Tandoori Mackerel Recipe
This is one of my first recipes to post on my page and it’s family approved.
Only 5 simple steps to my tantalising Tandoori Mackerel Recipe … Enjoy!
• 4 mackerel fillets
• ½ cup of live natural yogurt (the tangy one)
• ½ tsp cumin powder
• ½ tsp coriander powder
• pinch of turmeric
• Add chilli powder and salt according to taste
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
1. Pre-heat the oven to its highest heat for at least 20 minutes.
2. Mix the spices, lemon juice and garlic up into a paste with a little water
3. Stir in the yogurt to make a tandoori marinade
4. Add the mackerel fillets to the marinade and marinate ideally up to 2 hours
5. Gently shake off excess marinade and place mackerel fillets on a wire rack in the oven and cook for approx. 15 minutes
* Serve with lightly steamed vegetables or a side salad and yogurt.